Best Motorcycle Racing Suits
Are you looking for the best motorcycle racing suits? If the answer is yes, you have come to the right place.
A motorcycle racing suit is a must-have whether you are riding for fun or sport. It helps to protect you from the adverse effect of weather, wind, flying objects, and road crashes. It is not just safety wear but also a life-saver with adequate protection in the shoulder, knee, and elbow areas. The armour shield is also extended to the hips, legs, and back. So, not wearing a motorcycle racing suit could mean exposing yourself to danger or even death.
However, choosing the right product with exceptional protection can be difficult. But you don’t have to worry because we have done the hard work for you. We have spent the last 72 hours testing and selecting some of the products on Amazon. And there is something for everyone whether you are looking to choose from the best category or budget category. Be assured that all our options are durable and highly functional with fantastic ventilation and excellent performance. Read on to make an informed decision.
5 Best Motorcycle Racing Suits
- Best category – Alpinestars Racing Absolute
If you want the height of protection from your racing suit, the Racing Absolute Leather Suit from Alpinestars is your best bet. This is the mother of all motorcycle racing suits. It is a state-of-the-art racing suit that has raised the bar for riders’ motorcycle protective technology. The technology for producing this racing suit was obtained from MotoGP World Championship riders and Alpinestars athletes. This is why it is a top-rated racing suit coupled with the fact that it is a Tech-Air complaint suit if you are using an airbag. The left sleeve has an LED panel that indicates the airbag system’s functioning status.
Though this riding suit is expensive, the all-around protection it offers is more than the cost. The company used the novel aramid bonded leather for the adequate protection of some sensitive parts of the body like the elbows, knees, shoulders, and forearm that are prone to abrasion. These aramid bonded areas have enhanced abrasion and tear resistance. The ventilation in these areas is exceptional, thereby minimizing the amount of heat transferred to the rider.
Made from top-grade 1.1mm kangaroo leather, the Alpinestars Racing Absolute is very soothing to the skin. It is also light, flexible, and highly breathable. The racing suit is designed to fit the body snugly.
- Tech-air compatibility with an airbag
- Light and flexible
- Breathable and durable
- Made from top-quality kangaroo leather
- Best category – Dainese Laguna Seca 5
There is no doubt that the Dainese Laguna Seca 5 is one of the best motorcycle racing suits you will find in the market. It features a ground-breaking MotoGP design that guarantees a safe and comfortable riding experience. The design is bold and fresh as it also offers unparalleled convenience and flexibility for fast racing riders. While on the saddle, the structure of the racing suit is designed to provide you with complete freedom of movement. It is well perforated for exceptional cooling, especially when scorching weather.
Made from first-class full-grain cowhide leather, the racing suit can confront any challenge you face on the track with impressive confidence. It provides the highest abrasion resistance and mobility with the three-way stretch leather inserts and the innovative Tri-Axial system that ensures comfort while riding.
Copying from MotoGP, the Dainese Laguna Seca 5 offers the most recent generation protection as it comes with RSS 2.0 elbow sliders and seamless aluminium shoulders. There is added safety due to CE-certified armour that protects the knee and elbow areas with highly soft CE Pro-Shape 2.0 protectors to protect the knees. With the metal shoulder plates, riders can mitigate the risk of dangerous rolling. It helps the rider to slide in case of a fall. The racing suit is built with an aerodynamic hump to hold the waterbag kit, just like the integrated water system designed to fit all MotoGP racing suits.
- Exceptionally safe and comfortable
- Strong and durable
- Perforated for great cooling
- Flexible and convenient
- Offers full protection
- A bit pricey
- Best category – Spidi Track Replica Evo
The Spidi Track Replica Evo is highly recommended if you desire high performance on the track. It embodies all the racing experiences from MotoGP and Superbike riders. With the combined experience, a perfect mix of design with performance is birthed. The suit is created from the finest Italian 1.2 mm thick cowhide leather with neoprene inserts on the wrist and neck area with stretch material to improve your comfort level while racing on the track. CE armour also functions as protectors in the correct body sections, including the adjustable hip and knee armour with back and chest armour for maximum safety. The High-Flow ventilation on the back and shoulder ensure you stay cool all day long.
The Spidi Track Replica Evo comes with mesh lining to easily wash and dry the suit pretty fast after every winter test racing. You have more freedom with the easily adjustable and removable elbow sliders.
The suit offers high abrasion resistance with the Schoeller Keprotec reinforcements. Right inside the racing hump, you can equip the racing suit with the Hydroback system for quick rehydration while riding. The suit is perfectly designed to conform to every part of the rider’s body for a perfect fit.
- Excellent ventilation
- Exceptional protection
- Great design and performance
- Hydroback system-ready
- Not compatible with airbag
- Budget category – RST R-Sport Men’s Leather Suit
It doesn’t matter if you represent Ducati Rosso red or Honda red; what is certain is that the RST R-Sport Leather Suit will carry you to the finish line in comfort and style. The suit is perfect for both street riding and sport. It comes at a great price for new riders looking to purchase their very first racing suit. The mesh lining underneath the suit is very soothing and comfortable.
The one-piece suit is highly robust and incredibly user-friendly, made from premium cowhide leather. The suit’s seams are tailored with a bonded nylon thread for improved strength that puts your mind at rest. For increased safety, CE-approved armour serves as protectors at knees, elbows, and shoulders to protect these sections adequately. There are also extra pockets within the suit to accommodate CE-approved hip and back armour, which are sold separately.
The suit has a relaxed cut that ensures that you move freely off the bike. It offers superior cooling with the perforated panel that provides you with free ventilation so you can remain comfortable even in warmer temperatures. Neoprene race cuffs and collars are included in the suit for a comfortable fit. For added comfort and safety, the suit is fitted with an aerodynamic race hump and knee sliders so you can hit the racetrack in high confidence.
- Fits perfectly
- Robust and comfortable
- Great air cooling
- Incredibly versatile
- Excellent protection and performance
- Not waterproof
- Budget category – Dainese Assen 2 Perforated Race Suit
The Dainese Assen 2 Perforated Race Suit is an impressive track day kit that won’t break the bank. It stands out from the crowd for its affordable quality. It is well made for the money and fits perfectly. This racing suit combines protection with performance so you can run the track with full capability. It is created from Tutu cowhide leather with well-positioned S1 bi-elastic fabric for superior abrasion resistance and great fit.
You cannot go wrong with the perforated leather that allows the racing suit to breathe when the temperature soars. The aluminium plate can easily be replaced or customized with a complete floating shoulder construction. It also has a speed hump designed for aerodynamics and houses the integrated hydration pouch.
To help riders move freely, the suit comes with a bi-axial system on its back and enlarged elastic inserts. The knee sliders are replaceable, and there are CE-certified composite protectors on the knees, shoulders, hips, and elbow areas for added protection. There is no doubt that the Dainese Assen 2 Perforated Leather Suit is created to help you ride confidently and reach your potential on any track day.
Buyers guide – Factors to consider when purchasing a motorcycle racing suit
Purchasing a motorcycle racing suit is not like picking books off the shelf. You need to have factors at the back of your mind before choosing one. Here are some of them:
- Temperature consideration – Before buying a motorcycle racing suit, it is vital to consider the temperature of where you want to ride and how long you would like to ride. If you will be riding in hot weather, choosing a suit with ventilation makes sense so your body can stay cool. But if you will be riding in cold weather, choose a well-insulated racing suit.
- Pockets – Ensure that the suit has got pockets. The pockets are usually secured with Velcro or a zipper. There should be waterproof flaps to protect the pockets, and they should be large enough to accommodate items like sunglasses, phones, wallets, etc. The ideal pocket locations should be the chest and thighs.
- Armour – Don’t overlook the armor when looking for a racing suit. It protects the body part sections like the knees, hips, elbows, and shoulders. “CE Certified” is written clearly on the armor. This means it conforms to European standards.
- Material – The standard material is either kangaroo leather or cowhide leather, and then the synthetic fabric is lined under the leather to reduce heat. For most riders, the 1.3 mm cowhide leather is perfect. In most cases, the cowhide leather is perforated for air cooling. On the other hand, the kangaroo leather is more robust, lighter, and stretches better than the cowhide leather. Racing suits made of kangaroo leather cost more than those made of cowhide leather.
- Aerodynamic hump – With the aerodynamic hump, it means your racing suit is airbag-ready. It also means you can carry a waterbag kit for easy rehydration while riding. You can buy an exclusive airbag vest to increase your safety and protection. Force of impact is reduced by more than 85% if you have an airbag. So, ensure that your suit comes with the aerodynamic hump for compatibility with the airbag.
- Suit fitment – Your racing suit should fit you like a hand in a glove. If your racing suit is too loose, it can impact your confidence level. A loose suit won’t also make the amour stay in place. So, always test the suit to ensure it gives you a snug fit.
We have come to the end of the best motorcycle suit review. There is no doubt that a racing suit is an essential kit for motorcycle racing. It keeps you safe, protected, and comfortable while riding. You can choose any of the products that meet your needs. All the products are high-quality and offer complete protection so you can ride fearlessly. However, we recommend the Alpinestars Racing Absolute for its outstanding performance on the track.