Best Embroidery Machine for Patches
Are you looking for the best embroidery machine for patches? If the answer is yes, then, you have come to the right place.
Patches add a lot of elegance to your textile. You may also need to make badges on uniforms or club jerseys. All of these cannot be done if you don’t have the right embroidery machine.
Most of the cheap home embroidery machines can handle the job if you just have few embroidery jobs. But if you want to do it commercially, you need a solid machine.
In this post, I have selected some of the best embroidery machines for patches and badges.
Our selected products are based on durability, sturdiness and functionality. Read on to find out all the detailed information that you need.
Check the comparison table below to see some featured products that are available for review.
|Model||Does it sew?||LCD touchscreen||Dimension||Weight||Automatic Needle Threader||SPM||No. of designs||Buttonholes||Noisy?|
|Brother SE600||Sewing and embroidery||Colour||21.18 x 15.51 x 16.54 inches||26.24 Pounds||Yes||710||80||Yes||Quiet|
|Brother PE535||Embroidery only||Colour||16.5 x 7.8 x 12 inches||14.99 Pounds||None||650||138||No||A bit noisy|
|Brother PE550D||Embroidery only||Colour||16.5 x 7.8 x 12 inches||1 Pound||None||650||125||No||Moderate|
|Brother LB5000M||Sewing and embroidery||Colour||16.5 x 7.7 x 12 inches||26.2 Pounds||Yes||710||80||Yes||Moderate|
|SHINYALI||Embroidery only||Colour||16.5 x 7.8 x 12 inches||13.99 Pounds||None||800||Numerous||Yes||A bit noisy|
5 Top Embroidery Machines for Patches and Badges
- Brother SE600 Sewing & Embroidery Machine
If you are an embroiderer or someone looking for a durable and functional embroidery machine, the Brother SE600 will be a great choice.
The machine helps you to easily create custom patches.
It is a versatile sewing and embroidery machine. This is an entry-level and single-needle machine with 80 embroidery designs and 103 built-in stitches for sewing.
It also has 10 styles of buttonholes and 7 sewing feet which includes spring action zigzag, overcasting, zipper, monogramming, button sewing foot, buttonhole and blind stitch.
The machine allows you to import your embroidery design through the USB port. Then, you can convert the images with embroidery digitalization software to the .pes embroidery file format.
You won’t have to bother about threading your needle manually because the Brother SE600 comes with an automatic needle threader. This feature helps you to thread your needle with ease.
With the 3.2 inches large colour LCD touchscreen, you can easily view your selected stitch option before the stitching is done. It comes with a 4×4 hoop area and an embroidery arm.
If you would like to finish up your projects on time, the machine’s 710 stitches per minute sewing speed will help you to get the job done pretty fast. You can also control the speed with the variable speed controls.
It comes with a 25 years limited warranty.
- Versatile with plenty of stitching options and embroidery designs
- The machine sews and does embroidery
- Large colour LCD touchscreen
- 710 stitches per minute sewing speed
- Automatic needle threader
- Built-in USB port
- No embroidery software
- Brother PE535 Embroidery Machine
Whether you are an expert or a beginner, you will find the creative possibilities of the Brother PE535 very astonishing. It is another great embroidery machine for making patches and badges.
The machine is future-rich with 80 embroidery designs, 10 frame patterns, 9 font styles suitable for monogramming and lettering.
With the 3.2-inch large colour LCD touchscreen, you can view your designs in full colour for quick editing. It is an excellent machine for beginners due to its ease of use. It is also durable, sturdy and reliable.
It comes with built-in memory so you can easily import your designs into the machine as far as the designs are already in the .pes file format.
It also features 4×4 inches embroidery area and an automatic needle threading system for the ease of threading the needle without any strains to the eyes.
Getting started with the machine is easy and simple since it comes with video tutorials and it is backed by a 25-year limited warranty.
- 80 built-in embroidery designs
- The automatic needle threading system
- Video tutorials for getting started
- Built-in memory for importing designs
- Large LCD colour touchscreen
- Affordable and reliable
- No automatic thread cutter
- No editing software. It is sold separately.
- Brother PE550D Embroidery Machine
The Brother PE550D is another embroidery-only machine for custom embroidery designs. It is perfect for patches, badges and other designs. It helps you to embellish your fabric so beautifully.
It is huge with 125 built-in embroidery designs which include 45 Disney designs. There are also 9 built-in fonts comprising 6 English and 3 Japanese fonts.
If you are interested in importing your designs into the machine, the built-in USB port will help to achieve that. You can preview your designs through the 3.2-inch colour LCD touchscreen display.
To get started with the machine is a piece of cake. You will find step-by-step helpful tips and instructions right on the LCD screen. There is also an instructional DVD to help you get familiar with the machine.
With the editing feature on the Brother PE550D, you can move, resize, mirror image and rotate any designs before working on them.
Another interesting feature is the automatic needle threading system. With this feature, you can conveniently thread a needle without having to do it manually.
It is a very flexible embroidery machine and it comes with a 25-year warranty.
Some of the accessories include a small and big screwdriver, cleaning brush, seam ripper, bobbin cover. It also includes an accessory bag, dust cover, small, medium and large spool cap.
- 125 built-in embroidery designs
- Built-in memory for importing designs
- Colour LCD touchscreen
- Automatic needle threader
- Ease of use
- Durable and reliable
- No foot controller
- Brother LB5000M Embroidery and Sewing Machine
Create custom patches and apparel with ease with the Brother LB5000M sewing and embroidery machine. This is an entry-level machine just like the Brother SE600.
It comes with 80 embroidery designs and 103 built-in stitches with 10 styles of buttonholes. 9 built-in font styles comprise 6 English and 3 Japanese fonts.
The 3.2-inch large LCD screen allows you to preview your designs before the embroidery is done.
You can also download 10 embroidery designs from the www.ibrodery.com website. Some of the exceptional embroidery design editing features includes the ability to change individual thread colours with ease.
The 4×4-inch hoop area makes it easy for you to do embroidery and sew any fabric conveniently. There is no manual needle threading with the Brother LB5000M since it comes with an automatic needle threading system. This means goodbye to the eye strains and frustration that come with manual threading.
The machine has got three interchangeable character faceplates that include Captain America, The Hulk and Iron Man. Depending on your mood; you can switch from one Avenger character to another.
There are seven sewing feet including buttonhole, zigzag, overcasting, blind stitch, monogramming, button sewing and zipper feet.
- 103 built-in stitches and 80 embroidery designs
- Comes with a USB port for importing your designs
- 10 embroidery designs can be downloaded from www.ibrodery.com
- Large 3.2-inch LCD colour touchscreen
- 7 sewing feet
- Easy to use
- The hoop area is just too small
- SHIYANLI Sewing & Embroidery Machine
The SHIYANLI machine is another embroidery machine that is recommended for professionals. It is also a multifunctional computer sewing machine ideal for both beginners and experts alike.
It comes with a built-in design and you can also import designs into the machine using the flash drive or U-disk.
With this machine, you can do patches, badges, text signatures, decorative patterns, individual patterns, etc.
After editing and adjusting any pattern, you must ensure that the size is 10 by 10 centimetres and the file should be stored in.DST format is a different format from the .pes file known to Brother embroidery machines.
The onboard software allows you to make different patterns that you like. Through the software, you can view the number of stitches, colour presets, embroidery stitches, size, etc.
There are lights on the head of the machine for proper illumination. The stitch selection is from the button control and electronic screen.
It features some basic functions like blind stitching, overlocking, stitching zipper, lock buttonhole, appliqué embroidery, patchwork, free embroidery, flat stitching, zigzag stitching and more.
When it comes to speed, the machine’s sewing speed is 800 stitches per minute while the embroidery speed is 450 stitches per minute.
- Supports the importation of designs through the U-disk
- Multifunctional sewing machine
- Comes with an onboard software
- Reliable and durable
- Great sewing speed and decent embroidery speed
- Adjustment and stitch selection is done from the electronic screen and button control.
- Extremely expensive
Choosing the best embroidery machine for patches is a decision you have to make from an informed background. This means you have to be armed with the right information to help you make the right decision.
Below are the factors you should look out for when choosing an embroidery machine for patches.
1. Multipurpose – Before you choose an embroidery machine, you have to consider the purpose for which the machine is being purchased.
Are you going for a 2-in-1 machine that comprises embroidery and sewing or you just want an embroidery-only machine? The answer to this question will point the way to the kind of choice you are going to make.
A sewing machine serves a particular purpose while an embroidery machine is for making crafts and different patterns.
However, if you are both a sewer and an embroiderer, it makes sense to choose a 2-in-1 machine. You don’t have to purchase a sewing and embroidery machine separately. Going for a combination machine will solve the problem. This is a piece of great advice, especially for advanced users.
2. Ease of use – This is another significant factor that you need to consider when purchasing an embroidery machine.
A complicated machine will be useless in the end. As such, you have to make a deliberate effort to ensure that the machine is easy to use.
Some of the things you have to look out for are an instructional DVD and a manual guide that can help you get started with the device.
Also, ensure that you choose a product that comes with built-in instructions which are usually displayed on the LCD touchscreen.
3. Built-in designs – Another critical factor to consider when choosing an embroidery machine is the number of built-in embroidery designs and patterns.
A model like the Brother SE600 or Brother LB5000M has 80 embroidery designs. This gives you a lot of options when choosing patterns or designs.
A high number of built-in designs and patterns will be able to meet your needs without you importing your designs into the machine to augment. More designs and patterns also mean your creativity will be expanded.
4. Built-in alphabets – An embroidery machine comes with built-in alphabets. For instance, Brother embroidery machines come with 9 font styles; 6 of them are in English while 3 are in Japanese. Having embroidery software also helps you to increase the number of alphabets that you can use.
5. Built-in stitches – This feature is critical if you want a 2-in-1 machine. The built-in stitches are about the sewing part of the machine. It is about the number of stitches available when you are sewing.
For example, the Brother SE600 has 103 built-in stitches. That is a lot of options for you when choosing the right stitch for your fabric.
6. USB port – It is possible that you may not like the built-in designs and patterns that come with your embroidery machine. The other option is to import your designs into the machine. These designs can be gotten from the internet.
To be able to import designs and patterns into the machine, your embroidery machine must come with a USB port to insert a memory stick or flash drive.
7. Software – If you importing designs and patterns into the machine, you will need embroidery digitalization software.
The software is meant for you to be able to convert your imported designs and patterns into a file format that is compatible with the machine.
For instance, if you are using a Brother embroidery machine, your imported files must be converted to .pes files before they can be used on a Brother machine. For other machines like the SHINYALI embroidery machine, the file format must be converted to .DST.
8. Automatic threader – This is a feature that can make your life a lot easier. With the automatic threading system, you can no longer thread the needle manually.
If you don’t have a good vision which is a good requirement for manual threading of the needle, the automatic needle threader will come to your rescue.
9. Automatic thread cutter – Automatic thread cutter will save you a lot of time. It means you won’t need a pair of scissors to cut the thread at the end of the seam. You can just cut the thread automatically by pressing a lever or button.
10. Accessories – Most advanced embroidery machines come with different accessories such as the foot pedal, automatic needle threader and automatic thread cutter. Having all these attachments on your machine will bring you a lot of ease and convenience.
11. Touchscreen or not – Should I choose a touchscreen machine or not? This is a germane question for anyone interested in purchasing an embroidery machine. A touchscreen machine makes the machine easy to use.
You can also view the embroidery design options from the screen. If you choose a touchscreen option, you still have to decide if you need a black and white or colour screen.
A colour screen is an excellent option since it helps you to view all the designs and patterns in full colours.
Another thing is the screen size. A large screen means you can view what is displayed on the screen with ease. Most of the screens are 3.2-inch in size.
12. Several needles – The higher the number of needles, the better for the embroiderer.
If you intend to undertake projects like logos and complex designs that involve many colours, an embroidery machine with multiple needles should be the right choice.
A minimum of 4 or 5 needles will be a good start. More needles mean you can have more colours.
13. Price range – Price is a major factor when purchasing an embroidery machine. Everyone has got a budget when investing.
As a beginner, you don’t have to go for a more expensive option. Just go for something that is within your budget.
When you become an expert, you can then go for a machine with more features and versatility like the SHINYALI sewing and embroidery machine.
14. Customer support – Not too many users think of customer support when purchasing a machine. This is as important as anything.
The customer support from the makers of the machine will be great especially for the beginners.
Working with an embroidery machine is not a piece of cake. It is a bit complex. This is why support is needed so that the business can run perfectly.
Before you purchase an embroidery machine, just make sure that the manufacturer has excellent customer service.
15. Warranty – Always ensure that any appliance that you want to purchase comes with a warranty. This also applies to embroidery machines.
For Brother embroidery machines, they come with at least a 25-year warranty on the head of the machine and at least a 2-year warranty on other parts.
The warranty ensures that you can use the tool with so much peace of mind.
Warranty means you can return the machine in case anything goes wrong within the warranty period. The warranty ensures after-sales service.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which is better between hand embroidery and computerized embroidery?
Answer: The embroideries done by the machines are perfect and without errors when compared to the ones done by hand.
With the computerized machine, you just have to choose the threads and designs while the machine does the rest. Hand embroideries come with a lot of errors.
- What is the best embroidery machine for a custom design?
Answer: The Brother SE600 is perfect for custom design. It has 80 built-in embroidery designs and 103 stitches with 10 styles of buttonholes.
- What is the best embroidery machine for professional use?
Answer: The SHINYALI sewing and embroidery machine is the recommended machine for professionals. The machine is versatile and highly functional. It comes with onboard software and also capable of handling text signatures, decorative patterns, badges, etc.
- What is the best embroidery machine for beginners?
Answer: The Brother PE550D is the best embroidery machine for beginners. It has a total of 128 built-in embroidery designs comprising 45 Disney designs. The automatic needle threader helps beginners to make their work easier.
- When I press the start button, does the machine just do stitching like a printer?
Answer: You don’t just load the machine and go to sleep. You have to understand basic embroidery technique like properly threading the machine, how to adjust tensions, proper hooping of the machine and more.
To choose the best embroidery machine for patches, you will have to ensure that you know what you are looking for. This is why the above buying guide will help you to make the right choice.
If you are finding it a bit difficult to make a choice, then, we urge you to follow our recommendations.
The Brother SE600 will make a nice investment. It is a 2-in-1 machine that does both embroidery and sewing. You can also go for the Brother LB5000M. It is another 2-in-1 machine.
Another great option is the SHINYALI sewing and embroidery machine. It is the ideal machine for professionals. It is highly versatile and dependable.
Choosing any of these three machines will be worth your investment in the long run.
As a beginner or an expert, the best embroidery machine for patches will help you to embellish your fabrics with beautiful patches, patterns and designs